Judging from Tax Free's report on the Consultation on Clarion's plans for Sutton Estate the planning officer to brief himself.
Mr. Stallwood needs to pull this officer up sharp....unbriefed and unknowing is not what we expect from taxpayer funded planning staff.
We attended the "Consultation" meeting at St Lukes this evening.
An interesting and concerned gentleman from Earls Court who considers the original Sutton Estate to be an excellent model of affordable housing told us NOT to engage with any Clarion representatives, reason being they notch it up as number, fulfilling their consultation process.
The Planner in attendance (a resident of Wimbledon) who had been representing Clarion for 10 years in their planning matters with RBKC, when asked:
1. Had no idea who the CEO of Clarion was "I don't know about things like that" he replied.
2. Had no idea how many private properties Clarion planned to put on the market replacing affordable housing on the Sutton Estate "I can't remember, plans have changed" he replied.
3. Had no idea what the annual turn over and profit of Clarion was "I don't know about things like that, Clarion have Charity status", he replied.
4. Had no idea of the total value of the private properties which were planned to replace Sutton Estate "I don't know, its probably in the projection somewhere" he replied.
5. When asked why the bathrooms and kitchens had been smashed up to vacate part of Sutton Estate by the management company, the planner said "I saw something about that on social media, but I don't know".
6. When told about the development view and throw away comment "most of the tenants will all be dead by the time the work is done". His reply was "yes sadly one of the residents speaking in favour of the regeneration plans died recently".
In conclusion its the same old, same old - RBKC money over lives and death to social cohesion