with thanks to thisisnorthkensington.wordpress.com

Comments

DAMESATHOME@GMAIL.COM
send the Dame your information, discretion assured.
Comments are welcome but do not necessarily reflect the view of the Dame.
Offensive/inappropriate comments will be deleted and the poster banned.

Wednesday 26 October 2011


 
 
 
 Wednesday, 26 October 2011 
 

An exclusive message from Pooter Cockell for LGA members and readers of Dame Hornet

 
 
 
 
 
Dear Colleagues,

This week began with a very constructive meeting with Lord Chris Smith and Dr Paul Leinster, Chairman and Chief Executive respectively of the Environment Agency. As well as discussing planning and climate change adaptation, we focused on the progress councils are making in respect to their new responsibilities under the Flood and Water Management Act 2010, and the provision of environmental information such as coastal erosions maps. His Lordship was very jokey about my First Class airfares and my climate changing 6 MPG 150 litre V 100 Bentley limo!

I was pleased to catch up last week with Louise Casey, Victims Commissioner but recently appointed by the Prime Minister to lead the Government's response to the recent civil disturbances with a new DCLG team under her. I will be meeting with Louise again shortly as she undertakes this role to ensure local government's perspective is strongly and accurately represented. (memo to me...I  must remember to whack in my expenses)
I also enjoyed attending and speaking at the National Children and Adult Services Conference (NCASC) last week. It was a great opportunity to consider the challenges ahead. 
 

Finally, looking forward, the LGA will be holding an event on 16 November, Top pay the local way
This is an area that I have huge experience in. My 2 colleagues, Cllrs La Baronessa Ritchie, Danny Moylan and myself are now pulling in nearly £450,000 a year and my friend Mr Myers is on £280,000 so we are very expert in RBK&C about TOP PAY THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT WAY!
 
This has been organised in response to the forthcoming provisions within the Localism Act and the recommendations within the Hutton Report, and will act as a hub to allow discussion and analysis around the issue of senior salaries. I am pleased to confirm that Bob Neill MP (Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government) will be attending.

Best wishes,

Cllr Sir Merrick Cockell
Chairman, Local Government Association

4 comments:

  1. What a load of rubbish. Cannot understand why tax payers are funding the LGA - more profligate spending by local Councils. Creating sinecures for ex councillors

    In these recession hit times, the right thing to do is to abolish these quangos

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it possible for a person in public life to be so two faced?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wise up Cllr Cockell, there is a recession going on. You should be ashamed that you are using up huge amounts of public money writing stupid letters and asking for ridiculous meetings.

    Go and do something useful that adds value somewhere

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are your responsibility. Anyone posting inappropriate comments shall have their comment removed and will be banned from posting in future. Your IP address may also be recorded and reported. Persistent abuse shall mean comments will be severely restricted in future.