Evidently-and the Dame has no reason to believe Pooter to be paranoiac-he senses that there are conspirators lurking in the shadows of Hornton St. Their intention is to deprive him of his huge allowance when he comes up for re-election in May.
Pooter has disclosed to his confidante, the Dame, that whilst he would love to step down and enjoy the freedom from great responsibilities he has a duty to keep going for a sixteenth year.
He has asked the Dame and her readers to come up with some reasons why he has to keep going.
The Dame has helped him with a few.
1. The other Prime Minister called Pooter into 10 Downing St and insisted that he continue in situ to safeguard the Tri Borough project
2. There is no one else at K&C who plays on the national stage as he does
3. He has not finished educating his children
4. The Leader of the Lib Dems has begged him to stay
5. Pooter's mum in law says he should stay